Advising the typical owner managed business, through its life cycle of Start-up to Exit, will often require the input of corporate finance services, at various important stages. We have accordingly set up a specialist corporate services team to offer bespoke services in this field, including:
- Incorporations and shareholder agreements
- Business plans and financial projections
- Raising fresh finance (both equity and debt)
- Business, goodwill and private company share valuations
- Transaction structuring
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Due diligence and forensic investigations, generally
- Succession planning and exit advice
- Shareholder disputes
- Dissolutions (and liquidations)
Instruct us to undertake your corporate finance work and you can rest assured that all of the multi facets of this complex area will be taken care of, to your best advantage. As well as complying with all legal requirements, our advice will be mindful of all tax and commercial considerations. Experience and inside knowledge are the pre-requisites of good corporate finance advice.
Where we do not have the in-house expertise for a particular area of corporate finance, such as that required from a licensed Insolvency Practitioner, our association within other professionals allows us to contract in this specialist assistance from another member firm. Our working relationships with local solicitors specialising in corporate matters gives us further access to corporate finance expertise, where it is required.
Practical Examples of our Corporate Finance Expertise
- Splitting a second or third generation company, so that each side of the family can control their own business.
- Grooming a business, in preparation for a planned future trade sale.
- Advising on the contents of a Heads of Agreement, to resolve a shareholder dispute.
- Succession advice, to minimise inheritance tax exposure and protect the business from the repercussions of a possible marriage break up within the next generation.